Welcome to the beta page of the Retailer API!
What is the beta program?
The beta program of the Retailer API allows you to use functionality that is not yet officially launched in the most recent API version. It thus contains functionality that you can use in case you are interested in that specific feature. During the beta program, different functionality can be tested.
Be advised that only a limited amount of people can subscribe for a beta. Per tested functionality, you can find a beta form on the respective page.
Why is there a beta program?
With the beta program, we aim to get more insights from you that we can use as input for our future development. You can provide input based on how the API is currently structured, its functionality and new feature requests. We try to get you involved as much as possible during this process. Participating in the beta means therefore you have the ability to influence the final version of the API before it is officially launched.
What feedback we are looking for
We are looking for any feedback! To give you some idea, think any of the following.
- Is the Retailer API logically structured and understandable?
- Do you see points of improvements?
- How do you experience the performance?
- Do the applied rate limits work for you?
- Is the functional documentation clear for you and was it complete?
- Is the ReDoc API documentation correct and complete?
- Does the demo environment work for you and covers all the scenario’s?
What will you get from us?
We supply the following to you.
- Functional documentation on developers.bol.com
- ReDoc documentation on api.bol.com
- DEMO environment for API simulation
- Postman collection containing the endpoints
- Access to the beta endpoints as long as the beta period runs
What do we expect from you?
Participating in the beta means that you will be involved actively in our testing and feedback program. With this, we expect the following from you:
- When participating in the beta, beta related questions can be posted on our GitHub page.
- Issues that you encounter that are not part of one of the beta endpoints must be directed to Partner Services. You can find the details on this partner platform page. Questions/remarks that are not related to the beta endpoints will not be answered.
- The current running production endpoints remain working. In case of issues, you can use the latest production version to support your regular business processes.
- Per beta, we define a moment to get into contact with each other. In this moment, we can get a better understanding of the rationale behind your finding/question.
In case you encounter any issues, please let us know:
- The endpoint name where you experience issues
- The date and time on which you experienced an issue
- The error you encountered
- The result you were expecting
- Reproduction path: what did you do that resulted in this error?
Our promises to you
During our beta program, we guarantee the following:
- We refrain from making breaking changes to the API. What works in the beta, will remain working on the production version. With that, developing against our external API means that you can reuse your code for the running production version.
- In case a breaking change turned out inevitable, we align together with all participants on the approach forward and timing.
- Being part of the beta, means being part of bol.com. We will work closely together and incorporate your feedback as much as we can.
Please be aware that participating a beta version of the API is at your own risk. Using our beta endpoints can have impact on your regular process as it might behave different than expected. In such a case, please reach out to the respective beta team. Penalties on your partner performance do not count for beta endpoints.