Get offer insights
With the offer insights endpoint you can retrieve the product visits and the buy box percentage. The product visits allows you to also calculate your conversion rate, by dividing the number of orders by the number of visits for the same period. The buy box percentage can be used to check your buy box position over time. Which can be used to estimate your sales potential.
|PRODUCT_VISITS||The number of customer visits on the product page when your offer is shown in the buy box for the requested period.|
|BUY_BOX_PERCENTAGE||Percentage of customer visits on the product page that your offer is shown in the buy box for the requested period.|
The product visits and buy box percentage require the same input parameters:
- The offer-id, referring to the id of the offer for which you want to request insights.
- The period, that indicates how you want to group your data (by day, week or month).
- The number-of-periods, indicating how much periods you want to have the insights back in time. Be aware that there is only data available for the last 730 days (i.e. 2 years).
- The name, referring to which insight you request data.
Remarks and availability of the data
- If your offer was not available (because there was e.g. no stock) within the requested period, there will be no visits for that period, because your offer was not shown in the buy box.
- The visits and buy box percentage data is updated every day at 5 A.M. (using data until 12 P.M. the day before).
Get sales forecast
The sales forecast endpoint can help you estimate the sales expectations on the total bol.com platform for the requested number of weeks ahead*. This is based on historical sales . You can use this for instance for purchasing and/or capacity planning. The sales forecast requires the following input parameters:
- The offer-id, referring to the id of the offer for which you want to request the sales forecast.
- The weeks-ahead, referring to the amount of weeks ahead you want to request the sales forecast.
*Be aware that no rights can be derived from the estimated sales expectations provided by bol.com. Bol.com is in no way liable for damage and / or costs of whatever nature of the seller in connection with the sales expectations provided by bol.com.
Determination of the sales forecast
The sales forecast is based on a machine learning algorithm that is constantly improving while different factors are taken into account. The factors can increase over time. At this moment, the algorithm takes the following factors into account:
- Historical sales (how often is a specific item sold in a certain period)
- Historical product offers (how long was the product offered and under what conditions when looking at the price, delivery time and performance score)
- Product categorizations (what is the type of item)
- Calendar information (e.g. the day of the week and public holidays)
- External factors (such as weather conditions)
- Promotion of products (marketing publications, displays and location placement on the website)
Remarks and availability of the data
- The estimated sales expectations is a total for the requested product on the bol.com platform, regardless of which offer is shown in the buy box.
- You can only request the sales forecast for your own offers.
- If you have sold at least 2 items of this product in the past 28 days, then the minimum and maximum field show an exact number (that is the same in both the minimum and maximum field).
- If you did not sell at least 2 items of this product in the past 28 days, then the minimum and maximum field show a range indicating the sales forecast. The following ranges apply: ‘0-10′, ’10-100’, ‘100-1000’, ‘1000+’.
- If insufficient data is available, then no sales forecast is returned.
- The sales forecast data is available for the upcoming 12 weeks and can be requested per number of weeks ahead, starting from today.
- The sales forecast data is updated every day at 10 A.M.