A new version of the Retailer API has been released on 1st April 2022.
The Retailer API version 7 introduces some significant improvements in the API structure.
The resources are logically grouped and the API has been separated into three key subjects:
- Advertising API - containing advertising specific API endpoints.
- Retailer API - containing retailer specific API endpoints.
- Shared API - containing endpoints that are shared between both advertising and retailing.
- Advertising – Moved from BETA to General Availability in the v7. Allows you to manage sponsored product advertising campaigns that are promoted on the bol.com webshop. For more information on the Advertising API, refer to the functional documentation.
- Promotions – Moved from BETA to General Availability in the v7. Allows you to view all the current and upcoming retailer specific promotions and the promotions belonging to a specific bol.com campaign. To know more about the Promotions API, refer to the functional documentation. For more information on Promotions in general, click here (in Dutch).
- Product Content - v7 offers significant improvements on providing feedback on the uploaded product content. Compared to earlier versions of the API that provided only top level validation, v7 now offers you specific per attribute/image end-state feedback with up to 28 days of upload history. It provides you comprehensive feedback on the upload status such as, which content was successfully published, which content was declined for technical reasons/errors or when the content from other sellers was selected. These insights provide more clarity and enable you to deliver less duplicate content, fix the validation errors per product, update your product content, and create other follow-up actions.
Additionally, the process to create product families has also been enhanced slightly. To accommodate these changes, v7 onwards uploading the content for multiple products has now been changed to a single product. For more information on the Product Content API, refer to the functional documentation.
- Offers Subscription - A new subscription event, Offers, has been added to the Subscriptions API which allows you to receive notifications about the status of a created offer. For more information on the Offers Subscription, refer to the functional documentation.
- Other improvements include changes in the functional documentation.
For more information, refer to the v7 Release Notes.